Monday, August 10, 2009

Diet Monday! Oops, Life Style Change Monday!

I've started a new "life changing experience" about four weeks ago. It's a life style change, I keep telling myself. It's a new way of thinking about food and how I eat it, when I eat it and the quantity I eat. It's very healthy and that's going to be better for me in the long run. Right? OK, it's a diet! I just didn't want to use that nasty word!!! Who likes the word....."diet"? It has so many bad vibes. Nobody likes to say, "No thank you, I'm on a diet." So in my case, I just kept on eating whatever was offered, and now I need to loose some weight. I kept telling my husband that I could eat anything, just look at me, I don't seem to be gaining. Only he would come back with, "Turn around, I'm sure you'll find it!"

So it's time for me to make a life style change. I like that a whole lot better! Don't you? Well I started four weeks ago and I've already lost 17 pounds. It's not an easy diet, opps, that nasty word, it's not an easy life style change, but in the long run it will be worth it. I'm working with doctors to change my thinking about food. I've discovered that I'm a stress eater and believe me, I must be stressed all the time because I'm always eating! So now I eat very little calories a day, I'm in Ketosis, I'm eating up my own fat daily. Love it! When in Ketosis you don't have an apetite. I like the sound of that! I eat protein and certain veggies. That's it. I have some sauces from Sprouts, it's a whole foods store around here. They are calorie free, carb free, no fat and no sugar. They are from Walden Farms, I'll include their link here. They have this chocolate sauce that is to die for! So I just put some in an ice cube tray and freeze it. It's like eating fudgecicles. They are the greatest! But what I really missed, was my coffee in the morning. Oh, I can have coffee, but no cream. Bummer! So I've come up with this idea. I make really strong coffee, put it in my smoothie machine, add ice, Splenda and some chocolate sauce. It is delicious! I can have it all day long, no calories, sugar nor carbs! What else do I want? Seriously, it is really good and I make one every morning. Love it!

Now, if I can come up with something with the two egg whites I have to eat every morning. Those are the worst!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and have a great week!

Peace~

2 comments:

Nathalie said...

Yum! That looks delicious Donna!

For your egg whites, if you want recipe ideas for breakfast using only 2 egg whites, you can go to the 6WBMO forum (free for anyone to read), and then go in the forum and check the Recipe Exchange section, and the 'Breakfast' subsection.

You will find tons of recipes that you should be able to use (like "faux french toast" using only 2 egg whites, a bit of vanilla extract, splenda and cinnamon - for example) to give you some great recipe ideas.

The forum is located here:

http://forums.provida.com/forums/

Good luck!
Nat

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Thank you Natalie! Your egg recipes sound delicious! I'll have to try that faux egge recipe. Thank you!