Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all survived Christmas. We did, but we had to suffer through coordinating every one's schedules, delicious foods, many gatherings, delicious foods, endless shopping trips, delicious foods, and the seasonal colds. Oh, did I mention delicious foods? LOL! I'm just relieved that we all survived! Now one more celebration to go! New Years. We are headed to San Diego for this one. We are going to stay with our other daughter and her family for several days. About the only things we have on New Year's is black eyed peas and cabbage along with cornbread. It's tradition! Means wealth and prosperity. There we go again, delicious foods.

We started a new tradition at my sister's house this Christmas. We all made gingerbread houses. But a week before Christmas, the trash talking began. I guess we can't do anything as a family unless there's some sort of competition. My daughter is a die hard Cardinals fan, but my brother in law is a die hard Vikings fan. So there you got it, trash talk! My daughter made a Cardinals house and dedicated to her uncle. While my brother in law had us all beat. He actually has a Christmas tree dedicated to the Vikings. Everything on the tree is related to the Vikings. It even had yellow and purple lights on the tree. But he got really offended when I asked him if it was a Mardi Gras tree. LOL! All and all we had a great time.
Here is my gingerbread house. Love the porch, don't you? Ok, so I don't know how to make a gingerbread house. LOL! But the one on the right is my daughter's Cardinals house.
Hope you all have a very safe and Happy New Years celebration!
Peace~

4 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like you had fun. Happy New Year!

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

We sure did! Thank you Susan. Happy New Year to you too!

prashant said...

Glory to God in the Highest! Thank you,

Work from home

Fairytales&Dreamz said...

Hya Donna,I've just nominated you for a Sunshine Award and would be pleased if you could pop along to my blog at http://beadsbyangie.blogspot.com to receive it thanks, Angie x