Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hello!

I have to say, it sure feels good to be working in my bead room again!  It's been about 3 to 4 years that I had to put my designing on hold.  But since I retired last November I've had time to get my house back in order and now I can work in my bead room again!  Yeah!

I have quite a collection of gemstones and I find it hard to part with these beauties but on occasion I will make something with them and list them in my Etsy shop.  This pair of earrings started with a thick piece of sterling silver wire that I formed into a G shape.  I hammered the wire to give it some texture.  It was then put it into a tumbler to strengthen the wire and to polish it.  I took a very fine sterling silver wire and wire wrapped tourmaline gemstones in a variety of colors and tiny sterling beads around the wire.  I left these earrings a bright silver to show off the brilliant colors of the stones.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/186575278/tourmaline-gemstone-multi-colored?ref=shop_home_active_1
Wishing you a joyous Holy Week.  Happy Easter everyone!

Blessings~

No comments: